St. Vincent dePaul Society
The St. Vincent de Paul Society is a charitable organization, made up of lay people, dedicated to the service of the poor. Our St. Barnabas Conference provides food, financial assistance and guidance to the poor in our Parish and local communities.
- Food and monetary contributions to our Conference are used to support families and individuals in our parish and community with expenses such as heat, rent and utilities.
- Our Food Pantry provides food on a weekly and as needed basis and during the holidays. We also support the St. Barnabas Soup Kitchen at the McKinney Shelter.
- Our members are asked to participate in an orientation seminar, attend monthly meetings, assist with the weekly Assistance/Pantry meetings, help with several food drives, including our Thanksgiving and Christmas Gift Baskets and take part in the Friends of the Poor annual walk.
- We also make home, hospital and nursing home visits and can provide transportation to those in need.
- Prayer is an integral part of our service and our meetings. Spiritual development for Vincentians is central to our mission.
- As Vincentians, we are challenged to see the face of Christ in one another and in the needy for which we serve.
- Fr. Peter Andrews is our Spiritual Advisor.
We meet the first Saturday of the month, in the Parish Center Library, at 9:30 a.m.
Pat Johnson (President)