St. Barnabas Giving Hope and Help Ministry
The St. Barnabas Giving Hope and Help Ministry is made up of lay people, dedicated to the service of the poor and needy in our parish, as well as the wider local Portsmouth community. We provide food through our parish food pantry, ﬁnancial assistance, as well as guidance in various other areas most helpful to those in need.
Food and monetary contributions to our ministry are used to support families and individuals in our parish and community with expenses such as heat, rent and utilities.
- Our Food Pantry provides food on a weekly and as needed basis and during the holidays.
- Our members are asked to attend monthly meetings, assist with the weekly Assistance/Pantry meetings and help with several food drives, including our Thanksgiving and Christmas Gift Baskets.
- We also make home visits and can provide transportation to those in need.
- Prayer is an integral part of our service and our meetings. Spiritual development for all members of our ministry is central to our mission.
- As disciples, called to serve the poorest of the poor, we are challenged to see the face of Christ in one another and in the needy for which we serve.
We meet the ﬁrst Saturday of the month, in the Parish Center Library, at 9:30 a.m.
For More Information:
Pat Johnson, (President)